Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Classical Spotlight: Horn in Library

We normally have a french horn in the Music Library at KPAC, our very own James Baker is an accomplished player and practices here and there in the TPR studios. This week though, host John Clare had FOUR horns performing in the library, previewing their upcoming recital at Trinity University.
"I am soloing with the San Antonio Symphony this season, playing a Mozart Concerto, and I wanted to play it ahead of time in a safe environment." Jeff Garza, principal horn of the San Antonio Symphony. "So I booked the hall at Trinity since I also teach there, but I didn't want it to be just another horn and piano recital - I've been, slept through enough of those! Plus, I really wanted to play with my colleagues at the symphony. So the first half of the concert is solo horn: I play Mozart, Katie plays some Amram, and we all play on the second half."
The concert is Sunday afternoon at Trinity University (see their humorous poster pictured left!) and you can hear a preview and more of Jeff Garza's interview on Classical Spotlight, Thursday afternoon at 1pm (central) on KPAC & KTXI.


There's also an exclusive video on our Facebook page of the quartet announcing their nicknames!

No comments: